Ved International Discussion Board

Having trouble introducing yourself?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Having trouble introducing yourself?

Post by sanjupaudel on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Being able to introduce yourself to a group or another person might seem daunting, but it's a social task that pops up a lot. Here are some steps to make it easier.

1.) Speak clearly and confidently. Make sure your voice is loud enough for everyone to hear you. Avoid mumbling by enunciating your consonants crisply.

2.) Make eye contact with a few people. Don't stare down or at some aimless point in the corner of the room. Move your gaze around the group to make eye contact with a few people as you speak. If you don't like the thought of looking into that many eyes, look at their eyebrows or noses - they won't be able to tell the difference.

3.)Say hello, and state your name. If you're at a formal gathering, say "Hello, my name is [first name] [last name]." If the gathering is informal, tone it down accordingly - you could say something like "Hey, I'm [first name]."

4.) Share basic information about yourself. The sort of information you share will depend on the audience you're addressing. If you're introducing yourself on the first day of school, you might say where you're from and what you did over the summer. If you're introducing yourself to a group of business associates, you might tell them what exactly your job is and how long you've been with the company.

5.) Close the introduction. If you're going to be interacting more closely with these people in the future, say something like "I look forward to getting to know you all of you better." If you probably won't be talking a lot of these people later, close with something like "It's been a pleasure speaking to you this morning/this afternoon/tonight."

Auro Technology Consulting LLC
sanjupaudel
Worker
Worker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having trouble introducing yourself?

Post by asheshkayastha on Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:41 am

Giving introduction to someone is very important. So thank you for posting this thread. It is very useful to everyone.

asheshkayastha
Newbies
Newbies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by venus11 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:01 am

Thankyou very much for the information about presenting ourself in front of others , Its good to be here , like this , well keep on dude .
venus11
Manager
Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nkhadgi on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:53 am

Wow. i really liked the Post. Thank you for the information. TC
nkhadgi
Newbies
Newbies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari_3393 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:56 am

Hello friend, I am Laxmi Machamasi from Bhaktapur. I think the way you told to introduce oneself is really nice. I will also share with other friends.
Pari_3393
LEADER Of ALL
LEADER Of ALL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top